by Todd Mitchem
Yes. I still believe in the Big Guy. Call me old fashioned but I believe we should all believe in the spirit of the season. This year I think our society has finally reached a place where people like me, the millions of “high” performing cannabis consumers out there, can stand up and boldly say, “I have a very special Christmas gift list!” With a mother who consumes cannabis daily for her cancer treatment, to a father who now lives in a state where it is legal, my family understands that this year is different. I believe 2015 marked the beginning of the normalization of cannabis consumers. People like me can be proud to say they consume AND get things done everyday. So, this year I am asking for very specific gifts that pertain to the herb I care so much about.
What should you be on the lookout for when it comes to giving gifts to that special “Sophisticated Stoner” in your life? Below are my top five choices and where you can grab these items just in time for the holidays.
1) Stash Logix - (http://www.stashlogix.com) - Founded in Boulder, Colorado in 2014 by Skip Stone, STASHLOGIX was developed on the principles of cannabis safety. As a dad, he believed that a cool stash box should be created to keep all consumers’ weed safe from outside eyes, noses and curiosities. So they built a selection of stylish, multi-functional containers that have changed the game around product safety. I personally have one and love it. I have asked for another one—only larger—as my desire for new methods of consumption is growing.
2) Annabís – (http://www.annabisstyle.com) - Jeanine Moss and Ann Shuch are two of the kindest and most amazing people in the industry. They created AnnaBís, pronounced Anna-Bee, as the first fashion brand for the elegant woman (or man) who cares about every detail of his or her lifestyle, even the hidden one. Crafted of fine leathers, intricate jacquard interiors, and designed by people who sketch for Isaac Mizrahi, Coach and Federated, these high quality accessories are right at home around high society or just your family for the holiday. Incredibly functional, they are outfitted with secret compartments and tiny little aroma-locking innovations to safely carry a stash of stinky French cheeses or your exotic greens. This is the perfect gift for the amazing canna-woman in your life who loves style as well as the canna-fella who wants to transport in style. (YES I LIKE A MAN BAG NOW AND THEN).
3) MagicalButter - (https://store.magicalbutter.com) - Founded by Garyn Angel in 2012, MagicalButter makes canna-infused Butters, Oils, Tinctures, Soups, Sauces, Salad Dressings, Skin Care Products, Pet Medicines, and more all from one convenient machine. We had one of these at the office and loved it. Now it has made my personal wish list for this holiday. The machine is incredible. Easy to use, easy to clean and gets the job done. If you have a cannabis chef in your life (or someone who is aspiring to be one), this is the gift for them. Just make sure you operate this one when the kids are nestled in their beds dreaming of sugarplums or get ready to educate them on the difference between magical butter and the kind that goes on the toast.
4) JetLine Super Torch – (http://www.amazon.com/JetLine-Hurricane-Triple-Lighter-Chrome/dp/B000WXRLZW) - To say that this lighter is simply a cool and awesome lighter would be the understatement of the year, so let’s just say it’s freaking awesome. You can light anything with this powerhouse (and even do some stylish light welding). I first discovered this from a friend who is a cigar aficionado, but it applies greatly to any cannabis smoker’s collection. With a powerful triple jet torch flame (yes, it works outside in the wind!) and gas refillable feature, you will love everything about this one. I am asking for the sleek silver design but it comes in many colors and styles for men and women. Bonus, you get a nice gift box with fabric pouch also.
5) Sonos Bluetooth Speakers – (http://www.sonos.com/?r=1) I have had these now at two offices. When you are consuming a nice hybrid to sit back and listen to music to, these are the speakers for you. With only a few select units in each room, you will hear sound like you have never heard it before. Sonos is the smart speaker system that streams all your favorite music to any room, or every room. Control your music with one simple app, and fill your cannabis home party, even if a party for one, with pure, immersive sound.
There you have it—my list for the Big Guy to hopefully fill by Christmas. Regardless of how you celebrate the holiday, these gifts are sure to excite, energize and make happy any cannabis-loving person on your list this year. Feel free to share and comment.